Pages

Heart Therapy: Values


Happy Tuesday!

I am linking up with Eisy Morgan again today to talk about little'ole me.  This week the topic is "my values".


What are my values?  

Education: beliefs and philosophy on education for myself/family:
Education is important to me.  I have an undergraduate and graduate degree - but if my (hypothetical) kids were to ever tell me they weren't going to college...while I'd expect them to have a great backup plan, I wouldn't be heartbroken.  I know people who are doing much better than me financially who didn't go to college, so it isn't everything. 
Politics: I'm registered Independent, and I generally don't follow one party or the other.  But, I do believe this country is due for a reform.  I am for whatever party can make that happen.  

Three things to not get me started on: Immigration, Welfare, and the deficit.
Religion: I am a C...I am a CH...I am a Christian (if you don't know that song, I'm sorry)  I believe in God, and while I have had my ups and downs and questions...I know that there is a greater Power working in my life.
Parenting: The most challenging job in the world.  I am not a parent yet, but I hope to instill the value of hard work, and that we're not all handed everything we want the moment we want it.  Spoiled and demanding children turn my stomach.
Love Relationship: What characteristics are most important:  Laughter, respect, admiration, compassion, and just pure and unaltered LOVE.  I LOVE my husband... in every sense of the word, and when I took my vows, I meant them.
Men: Derin.  I always said before we got married... "If I don't marry him, I wanna marry someone just like him."  I got to marry the real thing. ;)
Friends: What kind of Friends am I attracted to?  Um, the AWESOME kind.  I want my friends to be genuine, honest, and HILARIOUS.  And, I've got that.
Movies: what kind do I like best?
Girlie movies.  Romance, Comedies...etc.
Books: Favorites?
Twilight, Anything by Deeanne Gist or Julie Lessman.
Jewelry: What is my style?
All kinds.
Fashion: I try to keep with the times, but sometimes I fail.
Cars: Lexus IS 250 or the BRAND spanking new Kia Optima...those are really cute!
Architecture and House Style:
I will just refer you to my Pinterest... But I love Pottery Barn.
Furniture:
Again...Pottery Barn.
Gemstone: Diamonds are a girls best friend.
Weather: I love fall and spring.  Nothing too hot or too cold.
Geography: Send me somewhere tropical.
Season: Fall and Spring.
Music for Listening: 
Van Morrison Channel on my Pandora.
Country.
Music for Dancing:
Hip-Hop
Leisure Time Activity:
Reading, Photography, Being Creative/Artsy, Travel.
Kick-up-your-heels fun:
DANCING!
Exercise:
Walking/Jogging/Wii Active
Television Show:
Bones.
Sons of Anarchy.
The New Girl. (I heart Zooey)
And I like the weird stuff:
Ghost Hunters
Paranormal State
Food to cook/eat
I bake...
And I love Icecream
Restaurant:
Texas Roadhouse.
They have THE BEST grilled chicken salad.
Shopping Place
Target.
Vacation
Again, send me somewhere tropical.
But I want to go to Ireland, revisit Paris, and see Italy and Greece.
Sport to play 
Tennis
Color
Navy Blue 
Pink...
As though you couldn't tell... 
Fabrics: good ole Cotton.
Flowers: Peonies
Conversation: about what and with whom?
Anything and everything.  I love to talk. :)
Favorite Age Group to hang out with?
My age.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. CARMON!!! Thank you SO much for including me in your "book favorites" -- I am BLESSED!!

    I wish you and yours a most happy, healthy and holy holiday season!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Thank you for commenting! You know I love your books :) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)